Double sided frame concerns....

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: Double sided frame concerns....

Post by StevenG »

Mark/Dermot

Very humbling words & very much appreciated. That's all I needed to hear - I'll get this badboy tidied/finished next week now after the FF seal of approval has errr, been approved :)

Honestly, thanks to everyone for the advice & support with this :clap: :clap: :)

All the best
Steven
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Post by David McCormack »

Nice work featurepiece, very impressive :clap:

But what’s with the drawing of the shopping bag?
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

David McCormack wrote:Nice work featurepiece, very impressive :clap:

But what’s with the drawing of the shopping bag?

Oh, the shopping bag? Errrr, well, y'see it's all about interpretation :wink: :lol:
Felicity
Organisation: Makers' Gallery
Interests: Framing is the mainstay of my business. I particularly enjoy the challenge of working with textiles and delicate art works.

Post by Felicity »

Not your average framer wrote:I'm very encouraged by this thread. Prosperro, myself and too many others to mention have long been encouraging others too develop the creativity and willingness for forum members to develop and share their own ideas and ways of solving problems and this particular thread shows that so many forum members are doing just that.

It's also nice to see many so called newbies of not so long ago are now amoung those who are now confident to be passing on their own knowledge and helping todays newbies. Well done to all and long may it continue.

I'm the aforementioned newbie and find this forum really useful, now it must be time to *give back* and contribute.

Had a request to display both sides of a tapestry... without a frame thank you very much. After shredding the edges of the work to a consistent fray, I then used two pieces of acrylic, drilled matching holes for long brass book screws between, and used brewers clear plastic pipe as the ferrules to give the spacing. The finished piece was destined to be displayed on an easel, so it is now readily handled. It was a simple solution to a rather convoluted stream of thinking, planning, sketching!
Attachments
IMG_5985.JPG
IMG_5985.JPG (162.54 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I think that it is often significant that certain threads on particular subject keep coming back to life over an extended period of time and double sided framing is one of those subjects, that many members keep looking for inspiration and general help and explanations to tackle quite a wide variety of different jobs and the problem encountered due to the nature of individual jobs.

This still remains a subject there is considerable capacity to lean more and demonstrate a lot more ingenuity that has already been covered,. Speaking for myself, I find this subject particular interesting and I'm always impressed by so much origin thought and ingenuity and would like to encourage member who feel that they have done something special to contribute to this subject.

I think this is one of the areas where many contributors really excel and have much to benefit so many.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer