Discontinued Frinton Mouldings

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
The Common Framer
Organisation: The Horsell Framing Company
Interests: Photography, Boats

Discontinued Frinton Mouldings

Post by The Common Framer »

Hi all

With Wessex taking over Frinton - many of my more popular mouldings are being deleted. Tghis is without warning and as such i have a number of jobs that I have a problem fulfilling.
I need to know if there are any other suppliers for the mouldings selected. i have two pics below. The tray frame is in slate - also need light grey. The other is distress Bronze / copper - I have 8 jobs for this on my books .

It is really frustrating - All my Frinton samples will becoming of the wall today but i need to try and find some alternatives.

Many thanks!
Attachments
IMG_4101.JPG
IMG_4101.JPG (185.04 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
IMG_4100.JPG
IMG_4100.JPG (185.67 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Discontinued Frinton Mouldings

Post by Not your average framer »

This is often where hand finishing can be your friend and a certain amount of my framing orders come about because what they want is now not obtainable. I expect that some of the Frinton mouldings will servive and be still available following the merger. I've always liked Frinton's mouldings and regard their range as one of the nicest and most interesting of the top end of the market suppliers.

Over the years, I've bought quite a reasonable amount of their discontinued mouldings, which I have found to be excellent. Looking at what has been happening to economies around the world, companies are needing to rationalise their stocks and limit their exposure to cash flow difficulties to maintain sound businesses.

These sort of shake outs tend to come along once in a while, but every cloud has a silver linning (as the saying goes) and it may well be that some of you favorites will be discounted to clear at a favourable price, which may work to your advantage, if you stock up a little at the right time. The Chinese word for crisis is the combination of the words for danger and opportunity, if you can avoid the danger and take advantage of the opportunity you might be doing the smart thing.

Another saying is that success often comes from preperation meeting the right opportunity. I would say keep a cool had and don't throw out all those samples just yet, some good opportunities may be just around the corner.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer