Fletcher terry 1100

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Fletcher terry 1100

Post by Not your average framer »

I've just acquired a secondhand Fletcher terry 1100 oval mount cutter and wondered if there was an instructional video available on the internet. I can't find one, but perhaps someone knows where to look better that me. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in anticipation,
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Fletcher terry 1100

Post by JohnMcafee »

Not what you asked for, Mark, but if you don't have it already, here is the manual in pdf format.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
TonyW
Organisation: TonyW
Interests: Photography
Wooldwork
Tai Chi
Shaolin

Post by TonyW »

My first post so hope it helpful. I have just bought a used Logan version looks very similar, albeit the Fletcher looks better made. I came across this video while looking and although in Italian I think it is pretty clear and very close to the Logan method.

Hope it helps

Oops, that was no help thinking of a very different beast sorry :oops:
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Thanks John,

I've already got a paper manual with the machine. I was hoping for a video, because looking at the manual, it is far from well explained.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

Thanks Terry,

That was very kind of you to post the video, unfortunately the Fletcher Terry 1100 is a completely different and much larger piece of equipment, but thank you for trying.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

My thanks to all. I think I've got it all fiured out now.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Have you tried contacting member John Ranes II, CPF, GCF he demonstrates them, he will know if there are any
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Not your average framer

Hi Steve,

No I have not done than and now I don't need to do that, because the paper manual / instructions which came with it, which are also the same as the PDF that John posted on this thread are slowly sort of starting to make sense. There's a lot of detail missing, but I'm starting to fill in the missing bits. There's quite a lot that they don't explain at all, which you just have to figure out by trial and error.

I've managed to free the threads of the stuck screws, so that I will be able to adjust it and set it up and bought a box of 100 blades for it and figure out how they fit, so I'm kind of getting there I think. Thanks for your suggestion. I expect to be using it my the end of the month.

All the best,
Mark
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

My thanks to all for their help. It's now operational and all that remains now is to buy the glass cutting attachment, which will be everything sorted. The Fletcher Terry 1100 is an amazing oval cutter and illiminates any of the trial and error that you get with trailing blade type oval cutters, to avoid tilted ovals, or getting the exact oval dimensions at the first attempt.

I used one of these while on a six months training placement at Triton Galleries and I have wanted one of these ever since then, which was 18 years ago. It's been a long time coming, but I've finally got one. They are amazingly precise and produce perfect oval mounts, first time, every time, with both axis dimensions of the cutout and all four mount border dimension exact.

They are also great for productivity as they take so little time to set up and use. I am a very happy man right now! I am particularly looking forward to cutting perfectly spaced concentric v grooves, which can look stunning. I think I must do a sample one to display in the shop window!
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer