mount board cheap or seconds for cmc practice.

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
dsnape
Organisation: The Frame Game
Interests: Picture framing memorabilia case deigns , archery.and playing guitar and drums.

mount board cheap or seconds for cmc practice.

Post by dsnape »

Hi i have just bought a CMC and whilst I am practising with it I'm as you can imagine I'm getting through a fair amount of mount board which is getting a bit costly, does anyone know where I can get some really cheap board from or even some seconds will do just till I get the hang of it .. cheers dave...
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Re: mount board cheap or seconds for cmc practice.

Post by YPF »

Speak to any of the main suppliers - I have bought mountboard seconds from Lion and more recently from Centrado.
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk
dsnape
Interests: Picture framing memorabilia case deigns , archery.and playing guitar and drums.

Post by dsnape »

Thanks for that I'll give them a call tomorrow cheers..
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

It might be helpful to practice using a board which has the same characteristics as the board that you intend to use as your normal mountboard after you have finished practicing. I am particularly thinking about qualities such as the same thickness and density. While you are practicing, is there any possibility in selling these practice mounts, to recover some of your expenditure? Just a thought!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
dsnape

Post by dsnape »

Never thought of that should be able to make a bit of cash back nice one cheers..
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I hope so, but you will probably need to do a bit of research to find out what sizes are going to be good sellers.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer