Valiani creasing issue

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
K&G Simon
Organisation: EKKO Digitaltrykkeri
Interests: Photography, grafic design, printing, music and movies

Valiani creasing issue

Post by K&G Simon »

Hello!
I'm having an issue where the machine starts the movement before lowering the tool/head. Seems to only happen with the creasing tool, and not consistently in as the amount of gap it leaves on each crease. For example when creasing a square it will start with leaving a gap of 2 cm on the first side and go on to a 1 cm gap on the last crease. Happens with all kinds of shapes like circles and elipses.

I've tried ajusting the settings that seem logical in the reference manual to no avail.
I'm new to this and have had to figure out most myself, and there is little to no customer support where I am.

I'm using a Valiani cmc i-x with v-studio.

Any help will be gratly appriciated. :)
framingengineer
Organisation: Leicestershire
Interests: Flight simulation, recording, staying as far away from framers as possible........... sorry farmers.

Re: Valiani creasing issue

Post by framingengineer »

Speak to Joe Adepoju at D&J Simons London he should be able to help
neil @framingengineer.com
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

sounds like you creasing head is not calibrated for the machine, you need to go into settings, choose Machine setting then Tools, then choose the tool/head , in this case it's the creasing head, them page 4, top left setting is the starting adjustment, as it shows in the diagram below, if it's leaving a gap at the start, them put in a minus figure (try -10.00 just to see what happen when you run the program) then click Save & Exit, do a test and adjust as necessary
Hope you get it sorted soon
Calibrating Creasing Head.JPG
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
K&G Simon
Organisation: EKKO Digitaltrykkeri
Interests: Photography, grafic design, printing, music and movies

Post by K&G Simon »

Thanks for the replies!

I don't seem to have the same version of vstudio, but I'm guessing Entry Point is the equivalent to starting point. In which case I've tried adjusting it -36 mm and that did move the starting point of the motion, but with that adjustment it comes into conflict with the minimum clamp distance of 25 mm, which, if I'm not mistaken, gives us a minimum distance of 61 mm. Which is a problem.
The fact that it's not consistent is also making me think that this is not the real issue.
Could it be a hardware issue? Or am I missing something obvious

Skjermbilde (2).png