Earthborn clay paint

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Earthborn clay paint

Post by Not your average framer »

I wondered if anyone has any experience of Earthborn clay paints. An interior design shop almost opposite my shop sells them and I'm thinking that it could make good sense to buy these paints, since they are so near by, instead of my usual choice of Craig & Rose chalky emulsion. One of my common techniques is to use watered down chalky emulsion as a soft muted kind of woodstain effect and I am wondering whether the chalky emulsion would be equally suitable for such use.

Thanks in anticipation,
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Earthborn clay paint

Post by poliopete »

There could be an opportunity there.

Are match pots available? and if so....

I'm thinking, make up a couple of frames for the Interior design shop using their paint to display along with the paint showing customers what can be achieved with that paint range. It may work out and benefit you both.

Peter.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Earthborn clay paint

Post by Not your average framer »

I've already supplied some surplus frames which the owner has painted. Unfortunately, her customers don't seem to be very interested in frames.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer