Morso F advice

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
RichardH
Organisation: RichardH
Interests: Photography

Morso F advice

Post by RichardH »

Hi everyone

I am a recently retired photographer and been lucky enough to own a Morso F for many years which I have now revived to cut me a nice set of oak frames for a set of exhibition pictures I am preparing. Problem is that she doesn't seem to be cutting as accurately as I would have liked and am getting a small amount of gapping on the inside of the 90 degree angle? Can you advise if this is simply a matter of blade sharpening and resetting, or could it be my underpinning that is the problem? If it is more likely the Morso that needs a service, is there anyone in Lincolnshire who could do this along with the sharpening? Appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you
RichardH
prospero

Re: Morso F advice

Post by prospero »

Hi Richard. :D

Sharpening the blades wouldn't go amiss, but do a search for "Left Fence Tweak" topics.

As blades dull they can go off track as they cut, especially on hard woods such as oak. This procedure compensates.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Morso F advice

Post by poliopete »

Hello Richard :D and welcome to the FF

I agree with Prospero on both counts.

If you require the name/location of a reliable company to sharpen your blades please get in touch. I am not to far from you if you are passing, pop in.

Peter.