substitutes for perspex panel as cough and sneeze screens.

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

substitutes for perspex panel as cough and sneeze screens.

Post by Not your average framer »

I've only managed to obtain two 4ft by 2ft pieces of persex and I'm thinking aboiut ways of making a couple more screen, so that wherever I need to be in my shop that I will be shielded from my customers. So far I looking at making some wooden frames covered with 500 micron thick polythene sheeting, which won't look as smart as I would prefer, but it easy to make and put in service.

However, something that looks more professional would be much nicer if I can get it. I'm thinking that 2mm sheets of float glass is maybe not so good from the health and safety aspect, because it is not unbreakable. Perhaps I could make screens up with smaller individual frames with 2mm glass all assmbled in to one larger screen.

Any thoughts,

Thanks in anticipation,
Mark.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Re: substitutes for perspex panel as cough and sneeze screens.

Post by Tudor Rose »

We took the view that the screens are likely going to be there for a good long while so we chose to use glass. We’ve got 4mm toughened glass in frames we’ve made to form an L shape around our till area, with a gap underneath to slide the credit card machine through when needed. We had a 3 week wait for the glass but local supplies are improving daily. We got ours from Roman Glass in Torquay in the end.

If you don’t use toughened glass you may have all sorts of health and safety issues as it’s very much in a public area.
Attachments
84C79EB0-9B2C-4F2E-8FBA-9FC3576EF01D.jpeg
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

I bought a, sheet of 1.5?mm Styrene from Wessex, it looks like it will do the job.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Thinks Justin,

I knew that they were able to do that, but I'm hoping for something a bit more solid.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer