Need a little help

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
lucasmathews
Organisation: LM Framing
Interests: Motocross, mountain biking, cooking, music, woodwork, boating.

Need a little help

Post by lucasmathews »

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm new to this..I have a job lot of equipment, although have never put pen to paper or made a frame of any sort.....yet.

I'm satisfied with the quality of all of the kit, having read up and seen other similar posts and prices. The one thing I'm struggling to identify is the underpinner that I have, leading me to think this is an unusual, and not so popular type.any help.kuch appreciated, I have attached an image.

Honest opinions - keep or sell on. It's pneumatic, too and came with the compressor.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200618_225838_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Need a little help

Post by Not your average framer »

Thats a Euro 9000 series underpinner. They are no longer made and the availability of spares is questionable. Having said all that , they tend to go on for ever. Is not easy to advise you about selling it, or keeping it, as what you would get for it selling it as secondhand, won't be much money and what you would pay for a more up to date underpinner is going to be significantly more money.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
lucasmathews
Organisation: LM Framing
Interests: Motocross, mountain biking, cooking, music, woodwork, boating.

Re: Need a little help

Post by lucasmathews »

Thanks very much for the help, appreciated.