New underpinner?

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

New underpinner?

Post by StevenG »

Hi everyone

I'm considering upgrading to a new underpinner - the cs200 but I've got a practical question that maybe someone can advise on.....

At the moment I've got a cs88 'integrated' into my workbench and it works quite well, longer lengths are supported whilst joining and it doesn't take up too much space but I'm looking to have my daughter help more when things are busy but she isn't a fan of the manual machine and I can understand why, it's not difficult to use but there is a bit of a knack when doing particular profiles etc.

Anyway, I'm starting to babble - what I'm really looking to ask if anyone had 'added' something like the cs200 into their workbench and is it still as 'neat' as the little machine?

Cheers
Steven
Attachments
table.jpg
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Re: New underpinner?

Post by Ed209 »

I have a CS200 (bought new about two plus years ago the one I have is before the upgraded single plate and fence)
I operate from what I call the front and have to stand inside big openings and have a large bench the same height that I move around on wheels to support the longer lengths I have tried operating from both directions but much prefer the way I use it.
The CS 200 is a fantastic Underpinner and I can’t really fault anything about it and I a normally super critical of most items of machinery and their design flaws/build quality.
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: New underpinner?

Post by StevenG »

Hey! Thanks for the reply. Mine is due next week, it's always exciting waiting for new toys :)