Keencut 4000

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
newie31
Organisation: Frames
Interests: Caricature

Keencut 4000

Post by newie31 »

Does the 4000 cut mount board as well as glass, is it a similar operating head to the Excalibur 5000?
Mark
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Keencut 4000

Post by Steve N »

Hi Mark ,
I think there is a problem with getting replacement glass cutting wheels for the 4000, other wise I think they are very much the same as each other
By the way good to meet you and your good lady today
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
newie31

Post by newie31 »

Thanks Steve, likewise, good luck with the move.
Cheers
Mark
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Mark,

The system 4000 is an aging work horse, but it's is built like a tank. I had one myself until recently, but took the chance to upgrade to a Fletcher Terry 3100. Keencut now longer stock the white plastic encased glass cutting wheel assembly, but it is not their own product and is still available from a company in Southampton without any difficulties.

The details of this company are available on an earlier post somewhere of this forum. The Keencut 4000 is still a viable piece of kit, but as you probably already realise some spares are not obtainable, however most parts of this machine can be adjusted to go on for years and years and there are still options to make do and mend in most needs for repair.

Realistically, the system 4000 is likely to be around for many years yet, as they really made this one to last.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
newie31

Post by newie31 »

Thanks for the info guys :D
Mark