What to get next?

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
bang
Organisation: Barry Allan Scott Fine Art
Interests: Drawing, painting, sculpture, hiking, camping, kayaking.

Re: What to get next?

Post by bang »

Yes, dust and noise could become an issue for me. Noise due to the quiet cul-de-sac where I'll be working, with retiree neighbours, and the dust because it's a small space that I won't be able to cordon off efficiently enough to stop it getting over anything important... or into my lungs eventually.

I like the idea of having a table saw to modify rebates and even to cut large moulding with the aid of a jig or something. Otherwise I'm thinking most jobs could be done on the morso probably? I like the prospect of a band saw for ripping and such as well.

I used a router to make mouldings in the past, long time ago now, it was a great bit of kit... but you're right, noise and dust again.

I'm guessing if I go from previous advice, and use alternatives to hardboard that can be cut with a stanley knife or my fletcher, then I shouldn't need to buy a table or band saw for a while. Money is such that I'll try and see if I can go without for a while until I really need one.

I'll probably need to build my workbenches, and having those saws would come in real handy for that however!
bang
Organisation: Barry Allan Scott Fine Art
Interests: Drawing, painting, sculpture, hiking, camping, kayaking.

Re: What to get next?

Post by bang »

I managed to take a photo of my morso machine and the garage I want to make into my little workshop. It'll take time...

I need to get a spare set of blades for the morso, and the right cast table with scales/stop. Also, the nut and bolt holding the peddle on needs replacing with a proper sized one... it's a cobbled together repair.

Making some time to clear out my grandad's old stuff is proving tricky, I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to muck in there. ;)
20201203_150601.jpg
20201203_150350.jpg