Any tips, or recommendation for easy to use small spring clamps.

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Any tips, or recommendation for easy to use small spring clamps.

Post by Not your average framer »

I already have a crazy amount of different sorts of clamps and my smallest spring clamps work well, but they have much stronger springs than I can easily operate to open them when both hands are trying to assemble and glue fiddly things together. My right hand is the one that got messed up by the stroke, it no longer as strong as it once was and there's not a lot I can do about that! I also still have the right handed brain that I was born with, so my lieft hand is not really my go to hand for difficult things.

I bought a box full of these small clamps and to be honest about them, they are really usefull clamps and do exactly what is required of them, but the manufacturer makes bigger clamps in the same style and whether they are smaller, or bigger they still have the samer very powerful spring used for all sizes of clamps. I find all of them a bit hand to squeeze them open with one hand, but the smaller ones have shorter handles as well and this makes them very difficult to open when doing difficult assemble work, where the other hand is already fully needed holding pieces together ready to be clamped.

Can anyone recommend some easy to obtain small spring jaw clamps that might be a little easier to use.

Thanks,
Mark.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer