Moulding ID please

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
joh5nny
Organisation: Tutto Framing
Interests: Photography, walking, travel

Moulding ID please

Post by joh5nny »

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this moulding please? Thanks in advance
Attachments
IMG-20210702-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210702-WA0000.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Moulding ID please

Post by Not your average framer »

I don't actually know what that actual moulding is, I am pretty sure that it is no longer currently available as an off the shelf moulding, but probably about the nearest equivalent would most likely be Simon DRIF/0005, or even DRIF/0009. The actual moulding in your photo has machined ribs, but the drif range is only brushed wood grain instead, which is of course not the same as machined ribs.

The actual width of the moulding in the photo is probably slightly wider that DRIF/0005 and probably a little narrower than the DRIF/0009. It might be worth checking Norfolk mouldings to see if they are able to machine the exact same moulding for you, as I don't know if this is one of their moulding profiles. I hope this helps!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Post by YPF »

Slightly different but have a look at Lion’s Graffiti range available in 35mm and 18mm wide
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Lion also use very classy materials for there mouldings too, so you always know that the quality will be great!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer