creased poster

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Jarvman
Organisation: Photographer
Interests: Photography, Framing, Drinking

creased poster

Post by Jarvman »

Hi all,

I was asked to frame a CD inlay for somebody without a mount. It's been folded for 30 years and has images both sides.

I tried to iron out the creases but this didn't really work. Perhaps it needed more heat/pressure. I saw that linen backing was one way of doing it, but I'm not sure this would work with something double sided.

I never spaced the poster away from the glass which I wasn't really happy in doing. Wasn't sure how to keep the picture away from the glass and keep it flat at the same time without adhering it to something.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Re: creased poster

Post by JFeig »

Being on the other side if the pond, let me translate for the sake of clarification.

You have a complete compact disc - crystal cover , paper insert, and the actual audio media. You want to unfold the 30 year old insert (probably printed on coated clay stock paper) and not be able to see the fold line creases.

It is not in the realm of reality that this will be a success. It can be flattened; however, you will see the creases and cracks in the clay coated surface.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com