Sending a PM

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Freemo
Organisation: Freemos Frames
Interests: Framing

Sending a PM

Post by Freemo »

Been trying to respond to a message for a while now. I’ve removed the cookies and still no success. As soon as I press the submit option , I get logged off and the message is deleted.
Is anyone having these problems.
Thanks
Freemo
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Re: Sending a PM

Post by Rainbow »

Why are you removing cookies? Removing cookies will break the connection between your computer and the forum web site and that will log you off.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

When you log in, do you click the little box that says remember me? Clicking that little box is there to keep you loged in, when you click the box!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Freemo
Organisation: Freemos Frames
Interests: Framing

Post by Freemo »

Thanks for both replies. I’ve tried sending messages with and without cookies and it’s still logs me off, I’ll see how it goes by clicking on the remember me box.
Thanks again
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Post by Rainbow »

You could try a different browser, and make sure whatever browser you're using is up-to-date - Chrome / Edge / Firefox / Safari (Mac only). I'm on Mac but I find Firefox the most reliable.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I'm still thinking that clicking the remember me box is likely to be the answer. When your connection to the forum gets dropped it is not necessarily immediately obvious, but instantly becomes obvious when you try to send the message!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer