Moulding ID

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Moulding ID

Post by StevenG »

Hi

There's a local shop I would do a few things for - they've got a job in now and the customer is looking for an exact match to an existing frame they have. It looks to be a polcore moulding. I've attached a few images they've sent. I've checked the Mainline site but nothing seems to match.

Can anyone advise please - if it doesn't exist I don't mind but I thought I'd check it for them.

The colour in the photos aren't right, it's more of a silver with a dull grey bit in the middle
Cheers
Steven
Attachments
IMG-20220406-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220406-WA0000.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Moulding ID

Post by Not your average framer »

Matching exactly the same gold finish might be a bit of a challenge, maybe it would be possible to produce a reasonably good copy by making a stacked moulding frame and hand finishing it to suit. Just a thought!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Thanks for the reply Mark but I have no intention of recreating that with stacked moldings :) This particular shop always wants stuff on the cheap too so there's no hope they'd entertain the thought of the cost involved :)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Thanks what I already had figured.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Here is one that is a similar shape from Simons, it looks like the siver has been discontinued,
https://djsimons.co.uk/product/reverse- ... ed-centre/
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Hi Steve

Yes!!! I reckon that's it, well it 'was' it! Good find, thanks for the detective work :clap: I'll let them know the news

Thanks again :)