Infant Insert

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
IanS85
Organisation: Student
Interests: Football, Formula 1 and playing with my son

Infant Insert

Post by IanS85 »

I've got a question and an admission here that might get me into trouble.

So I bought a frame from Amazon, I know so many people will be shaking their heads in disappointment right now. I have a signed onesie that I am looking to frame inside of it but don't know if an insert to bulk it out is even something you can get.

It comes with a standard shirt card that allows you to wrap a shirt around it but nothing in terms of a onesie and can't find anything online either through Google.

Does anyone know of such an item and where to get it, if it were to even exist?
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Infant Insert

Post by Justintime »

Some framers cut their own inserts out of mountboard.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Normal a frame suitable for framing a shirt is a frame which has enough depth inside to accomodate the shirt without the shirt touching the glass at the front of the frame. I am not sure that all do it yourself frames for framing a shirt are always entirely suitable for framing shirts.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
prospero

Post by prospero »

Hi and Welcome Ian. :D

The main thing with anything 'floppy' that needs framing is to get it nicely set out and mounted on a board first.
Only then can you see what the frame has to be like. Nothing wrong with buying a frame from Amazon, but you
will be trying to fit the item into a frame when you should be ideally fitting the frame to the item.
I had a lady once who didn't like my quote for framing a Bridesmaids dress so she said she'd maybe get a poster frame
from The Range. :lol: I don't know how she got on but I would have loved to see her trying to shoe-horn it in. :?
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About