Using spray can adhesives.

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Using spray can adhesives.

Post by Not your average framer »

I have not so far been particularly keen on spray can adhesives, maybe I should consider using them if it will save me time and labour. I am actually thining about lining the spacers in deep box frames and most likely facing spacers with mountboard using a Teesa spray adhesive to attach the strips of mountboard. I have never used this method myself until now and was wondering if anyone can provide any feedback about how well this works. I normally handfinish the spacers, using paint, but maybe spray adhesive and mountboard might save time!
Thanks,
Mark.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Richard Photofusion
Organisation: Photofusion
Interests: Photography, and carting a young gymnast from class to comp to where ever the next sport is.*

*young, now a teenager...

Re: Using spray can adhesives.

Post by Richard Photofusion »

I'd consider getting a roll of adhesive from someone like Drytac. They do either self wound (like a roll of tape), or ones with silicon release on both sides. Cut off the desired size, and then apply to the mountboard with a squeegee, prior to cutting it down.

No sticky flying glue waiting to contaminate things. Two faced rolls seem to have a good shelf life, and it is often useful to hold things in place on a temporary basis.
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Thanks Richard.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

After a lot of thinking about this, I has decided that using spray adhesives for what I had in mind is not going to be as practical as I was hoping, but thanks for your suggestions.
Mark.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer