FramR software - data loss

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Dean Casson
Organisation: CASSONS framing
Interests: painting, family, football, squash

FramR software - data loss

Post by Dean Casson »

Hi All,

I've just lost 6 months of data from FramR pricing software - discovered my laptop wasn't syncing with the cloud properly since November. It was downloading all pricing and product updates though and I was clicking the sync cloud icon regularly. I had no explicit warning from FramR system that it wasn't syncing.

However, its rolled back to November, helpdesk offer no explanations as to why it happened, what caused it or why I wasn't able to sync correctly before. Very much a "you didn't sync it so tough" tone from the helpdesk. Tried going back to an earlier recovery point but unsuccessful. Cache files are deleted as part of sync process apparently!?

Its a real pain, but I just wanted warn any other FramR users and to stress the importance of that little red cloud on the home screen. Make sure its green whenever you can. The helpdesk ( I use the term loosely) told me "it's like the oil warning light on your car"...so ignore it at your peril.

I'd be interested to know if I'm the only muppet whose managed this with FramR? Especially so if anyone was able to reclaim data from their PC..

I need a stiff drink!!

Dean
baughen
Organisation: Cliff Baughen
Interests: Photography, Picture framing

Re: FramR software - data loss

Post by baughen »

Don't you backup your PC programs and data as well? If you don't then you may have a few more pains in the future.
Dean Casson

Post by Dean Casson »

I do backup to Norton cloud and to One drive but apparently neither of help in this instance?! Awaiting advice from their helpdesk on how to prevent loss should data sync fail in future..........
baughen
Organisation: Cliff Baughen
Interests: Photography, Picture framing

Post by baughen »

You might consider doing your backup using Acronis software (www.Acronis.com) . If you do it is worth looking around for discount deals.
Dean Casson

Post by Dean Casson »

Thanks, I will check it out. FramR support have just told me that local cache data should not be backed up as it risks further data loss.

However, in light of my experience they have altered the software to make the Icloud syncing warning more imperitive and informational in the latest version 14.0.54.0 which is available for update now. Recommend all users check their Settings/About and ensure they are on the most recent update.

Dean
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

I have it running on a PC and a laptop. It's been helpful on the odd occasion that there's a blip in the software, to open up the PC version and check for updates etc without risking losing all the freshly inputted data on the laptop.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer