White backing boards with hanging fixings

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
daveym
Organisation: printer, designer
Interests: printing and all things design.

White backing boards with hanging fixings

Post by daveym »

Is there anywhere I can source 10"x 12" white backing boards with a hanger fixing such as saw tooth or similar that would allow me to get it relatively flush to a wall? I'm not actually using these for part of a frame and instead was to mount something very light onto them then hang on a wall.

If I can't source white boards then I'd opt for a different colour but not standard brown wood. I don't really want to paint the rear of the backing boards, hence why I would prefer if I could find in the chosen colour.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: White backing boards with hanging fixings

Post by Justintime »

Worth visiting a local signage company, they use various thicknesses of display board for mounting onto, usually white. Won't be the cheapest, getting them to cut it down, but otherwise framing suppliers sell display boards in full sheets. Sawtooth hangers can be attached to the board with a silicone/grab adhesive.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: White backing boards with hanging fixings

Post by Not your average framer »

I think that a lot will depend upon the qualities which you are going to be needing and also how solid these boards with need to be. I have been thinking about this myself. Some framing supplier list white faced display boards and I can tell you from my own personal experience that the quaiitly varies from one supplier to another, the best which I have personally bought came from Wessex pictures. I have mostly used this for really smooth dry mounting, I have not bought any of this for year as I now buy pre-coated dry mounting boards as it is just a so much easier process.

As for fixing the saw tooth hangers, I am afraid that my thinking never got this far!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer