Wizard Germany

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Thewhitewallgallery
Organisation: The White Wall Framers
Interests: Sports and Framing

Wizard Germany

Post by Thewhitewallgallery »

So I recently posted about my wizard CMC needing a new Part.....

having spoke direct to Wizard Europe and knowing exactly what part I need as its pretty obvious, ive been told they won't sell me the part unless I sign up to the "service account" costing an added 750 euros before they will even take my order for the part in which they won't tell me the cost leaving me in limbo.

If your considering buying a Wizard machine I would make sure you've considered this post as after speaking to fellow framers who have used wizards for many years, many have changed over to new machines elsewhere due to the poor aftercare from Wizard Europe.

Unless anyone has a spare driver pack I can purchase, I have a wizard 8000 for spares here.

Such a shame about framers corner's link with wizard as Sam was a lot of help and we had no problems in the previous 6 years.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Wizard Germany

Post by Not your average framer »

I find that really hard to understand. What is that going to do to wizard's standing and reputation in the UK. That is just plain stupid. I can understand them increasing the cost of spare parts to cover any increased costs due to the present difficult times, but setting out to penalise customers for technical failures is really crazy. Have you looked both inside a outside to check for any failed fuses? What would normally be the value of the wizard, if it was still working?

It it still worth writing off the machine for the sake of the cost of the spare part and the maintainance contract? I am just flabergausted that they can do this, what a stupid decision. Asking you to enter in to a maintenance contract, before they will agree to supply a spare part which they will not be coming out in person to sort out your machine sounds really strange considering that there won't be anyone from them coming out to make a service call. Who is going to want to buy a new wizard machine from them now? Such a silly idea!

I know it sounds like it is the control unit, but what happens if you buy a new control unit and it was a failed connection in the machine it's self and it was not a failed control unit after all? This is a completely un-professional way to run a company!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer