"white" mountboard recommendations

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
nolonstacey
Organisation: The Nolon Stacey Gallery
Interests: Artist

Re: "white" mountboard recommendations

Post by nolonstacey »

Mark, I have done some 5mm deep bevels but only using hayseed bevel tape so far. I like the look on small pieces - this is a 15x15cm painting mounted using 5mm foam board with hayseed tape..
120441528_10157896486748207_1404949225145935887_n.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: "white" mountboard recommendations

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Nolon,

Yes, I agree! That's a really nice look. I was taught that below a certai size of artworks, that you need to start increasing the size of mount boaders, otherwise you start to lose visual impact. I have noticed that Neilsen bainbridges promotional infomation promoting deep bevel accents, do not appear to be promoting any other aspects of mount decoration in conjuction with bevel acents at all. This also appears to be the normal approach adopted my most framers as well.

It produces a lot of visual impact, without very much in house labour ad it's a seems to have become an interesting part of mauy framers business models. If you have got enough customers who will go for the bevel accent concept, I think that this can be a business model which makes a lot of sense and also make your business very labour efficient as well. I think that you choice of an oak frame with this presentation works very well in this case. Very nice job, I would say!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer