Quick, easy and nice and neat Obeche spacers.

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Quick, easy and nice and neat Obeche spacers.

Post by Not your average framer »

I keep a good stock of an obeche 12mm deep and 34mm wide flat mouldings. This gives me a lot of flexibility when slicing the moulding up on my band saw, so that I can make whateveer size spacer I need in almost always less than two minutes from start to finish. This moulding is my go to obeche moulding for making up bits and pieces, when I need to do anything slightly unusal at any time.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Quick, easy and nice and neat Obeche spacers.

Post by Not your average framer »

I also keep a good stock of a more shapely obeche moulding which besides using as a normal moulding gets sliced up into nicely shaped slips. The slips are not all the same, because the shaped sections of the original mouldings vary. You can buy slips which look quite the same from normal suppliers, but it's nice to have more than one way of using the same moulding as it makes for more versatile uses for my basic stock mouldings. Being able to offer things which are different to my competitors has always been a major part of my strategy!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer