Morso

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Marco
Organisation: NAY
Interests: framing , art

Morso

Post by Marco »

Looking to restart a framing busines.Unfortunately our Morso guilotine was stolen so need to buy another. Is a basic one ....i see online for 200 pounds 2nd hand ,,,sufficient? I heard nowadays they are using a new kind of machine to cut mitres?.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Morso

Post by Justintime »

Morso is still the standard, unless you're talking about a double saw which are £££. £200 sounds like a bargain as long as it hasn't been dropped on its head. Does it have the right scales for you, metric or imperial? Are you prepared to give it a full check over, clean up, adjust? All parts are available. Factor in £250 for a new set of blades too.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
prospero

Post by prospero »

If you can get one for £200 then it's worth a shot. It would have taken serious abuse to damage the machine catastrophically.
As mentioned a new set of blades would no doubt make it like a new machine. Mine is nigh-on 40 years old (purchased new) and
works as good as the day I got it. :D There have been a few refinements to to the machine over the years but the basic design has
not changed fundamentally.

* If it is knackered for any reason then a scrappie would give you a few quid for it. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Assuming it is too nackered to repair, even a knackered Morso might be worthwhile breaking and selling bits for spares. I won't sell the whole machine for spare, but since new Morso spares won't be cheap, anything whch you are able to sell should fetch a good price, What ever is left afterwards can still be sold to the scrappie. At only £200, it's still probaly a good bet for you!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

Can we talk more about the one that got stolen?

How does one manage to steal a morso?
prospero

Post by prospero »

Never underestimate the cunning of tea-leafs. :lol:

A lad lifted a 5ft long glazed picture from a gallery in Lincoln. In board daylight during opening hours
and rode off with it on a pushbike. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About