Searching for discontinued moulding

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Folly framing
Organisation: Folly framing
Interests: Framing, fabrics and philosophy

Searching for discontinued moulding

Post by Folly framing »

I have foolishly managed to sell a discontinued moulding I had missed on the wall. Before I go back to the client I was wondering if anyone might have a bit hanging around still? I need enough for 35cm x 56cm but have about a meter here too.
It is wessex D3748 blue distressed deep moulding. I've hopefully managed to attach a picture. I've already check with wessex and unfortunately they don't have any bits in any depot.

Many thanks!
Attachments
20221003_125846.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Searching for discontinued moulding

Post by Not your average framer »

That's not an easy one to match! However have you looked at the lion Mod range? It in my last Lion catalogue, but not on their website. The dimensions for the larger, squarer moulding in this range are not too far off. There is a teal blue one in the range, but the outside face looks like a medium dark grey. Matching blues and green is never very easy, as blues and greens are not the most plentyful moulding colours.

Moulding profiles with such extreme dimensions must cost quite a lot for suppliers to stock in these difficult times. Guing two mouldings together so that you can cut them down to the size required is sometimes a possibility, probably not in this case.

Simons did have a moulding which was code number OBEC/0106 it is in their price list from earlier in the year, but not on their website, so I guess that it could have been discontinued, but perhaps worth a telephone call to find out. The width appears to be 35mm and the depth appears to be 78mm, so it looks like it could be sawn down of a table saw to the correct size if you know someone who knows what they are doings, but it will still need painting to the right colour.

It maybe worth mentioning that there are some members of this forum who machine mouldings for offers and even perhaps some who might be able to provide a finish moulding to order. Obviously, this would depend upon the financial viability of doing this, but I though that I would mention this, just in case!

Overall, not tremedously hopeful, but maybe one of these leads may just come up trumps!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Folly framing
Organisation: Folly framing
Interests: Framing, fabrics and philosophy

Re: Searching for discontinued moulding

Post by Folly framing »

Wessex have had an unexpected extra amount of this delivered yesterday so all sorted! Thanks for looking!