Struggling to find Vnails/ Wedges for Orteguil Underpinner

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Yewleaf
Organisation: Yewleaf Wishes
Interests: Walking, woodworking, cnc, design, reading, machinery restoration

Struggling to find Vnails/ Wedges for Orteguil Underpinner

Post by Yewleaf »

I have an old, but very well maintained Orteguil underpinner. It was used when I bought it and I found that it took Lion, Logan and Framer's Corner (Charnwood) wedges.

Up until recently I have been able to source the 7mm Hardwood vnails that I use from various online suppliers, but since Charnwood have discontinued their packs of 4000 wedges, I am now at a bit of a loss where I can source compatible ones from.

I have attached a photo to show the brands that are compatible, in the hopes someone on here may be able to advise me of a probable replacement.

I just managed to buy up the last pack of Framer's Corner 7MMH from Poolewood, but need a solution before running out again.

Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221202_180725.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Struggling to find Vnails/ Wedges for Orteguil Underpinner

Post by Not your average framer »

Wessex always used to be the main UK supplier for Gielle underpinners and I presume that the still are. A\s your chart of compateable wedges includes Gielli, it might be worth checking out whether Wessex still supply Gielli wedges. Hopefully they still do.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer