HELP WITH Canvas FRAMING

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

HELP WITH Canvas FRAMING

Post by DEEPJOY »

HI ALL

Had a customer bring in a canvas the the plastic type rather than the more material type, it was stretched on stretcher bars in a gallery wrap by one of these photo type outfits. As a result the image was lost on the bars. So the customer wants a convwentional frame. Now I have tried to bond these types of canVas's down and they have bubbled. Can you give me an idea how you would approach this?
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Re: HELP WITH Canvas FRAMING

Post by YPF »

For cheap, easily replaceable “canvasses” we use a 3mm thick self adhesive board cut to the exact size required. Carefully place the self adhesive board onto the back of the canvas, turn it over and check positioning, adjust if necessary, gently roll/push out any air bubbles and then stick it in a vacuum press (no heat) for about 30 seconds.

Excess canvas could be trimmed, we glue and tape it to the back of the board.
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk
Ultima Thule
Organisation: retail framer
Interests: reading ,real ale, music

Re: HELP WITH Canvas FRAMING

Post by Ultima Thule »

I have used Canvas Mount Cor successfully for these things. Tried Perfectmount and one or two others but wasn't convinced of their adhesion.Lion have in in their range, at least they did when I last ordered some.