Large multi-aperture mount.

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Jon_Brooke
Organisation: Picture Frame Workshop
Interests: Running

Large multi-aperture mount.

Post by Jon_Brooke »

I need to make 8 mounts - approx 56 x 77 cm with a 5 x 5 array of apertures for postcards.

I don't have a CNC cutter and in the past I've made these by hand, but it takes ages and is a bit stressful.

Does anyone offer a service whereby you can produce your own files then send them somewhere to do the cutting?

Or failing that where would be the best place to get them done from scratch at a reasonable price?

Ta.
Jon_Brooke
Organisation: Picture Frame Workshop
Interests: Running

Re: Large multi-aperture mount.

Post by Jon_Brooke »

Just read the recent multi-aperture pricing thread.

V interesting but my thoughts were along lines of Gesso & Bole - that I would just be paying an hourly rate for CMC time and that most of the cost would be in the set-up, then probably a nominal extra cost for further mounts after the first?
JKX
Organisation: None - retired
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Post by JKX »

A mount like this takes no time to set up on a cmc and any file you may produce will probably not be compatible with any CMC software. Just provide a rough diagram.

Wessex will do it, but they’re not cheap and they’ll no doubt want to use their own board

I would make friends with a local-ish framer with a CMC who will charge a nominal fee for time - well, the going rate -it just shouldn’t take long!

If favours can be returned or you just get on well - you may get it for even less to nothing!
John Turner

The ex framer Formerly Known As RoboFramer.
Fruitini
Organisation: Original Glory
Interests: Digital Art & Photography

Post by Fruitini »

Hi Jon - not a million miles away from you. Happy to help if you send us a PM or message via the website with the requirements