Help please

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
cookinfat
Organisation: Corve Picture Framers & Movie Posters
Interests: Life

Help please

Post by cookinfat »

Hi
I was wondering if any member could guide me to videos that show the basic operation of the following
Minigraf 3
Morso Model F
Champ press
Keencut system 4000
A dear friend left me this equipment with the wish that I use it and although I have basic knowledge, I am flummoxed by the Minigraf 3 mainly. I can use the Morso & have basic knowledge but to be honest, it has knocked my confidence.
I was left given these by my old friend who did my picture framing, Mr David Beswck of Leominster who sadly passed away last October. I do not mind admitting that I suffer from depression and find it hard to just concentrate or find motivation but as I gave him my word I would use it, & I will but I am one of these folks who just need a hand to get my mojo rolling.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks.
JKX
Organisation: None - retired
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Re: Help please

Post by JKX »

I had a quick look on YouTube but you’ve probably done that too, not much of any use on the underpinner that I could quickly see.

The manuals may be of help and some, if not all, will be in this great resource.

Good luck

https://www.thegrumble.com/resources/fr ... library.3/
John Turner

The ex framer Formerly Known As RoboFramer.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

I agree, the manuals are the best bet. I reread mine every few years and still find things I missed the last time around.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Gesso&Bole
Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge

Post by Gesso&Bole »

Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
cookinfat
Organisation: Corve Picture Framers & Movie Posters
Interests: Life

Post by cookinfat »

Awww thank you. Its quite daunting as such bit I'll persevere until I get there. I can't let Dave down and am sure he's up there looking down thinking you thicko but he was the type who would show you once and expect you to get it, old school where I'm the type who needs to see a few times and a few times again. Thanks so much.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Best advice I can offer is start with a simple square obeche moulding. If the moulding is straight to begin with and not twisted and warped, you have a good chance of cutting it well on the morso. If it's cut well, you are in a good position to learn how to join it. It's going to take time and practice to be good at it, you have to accept that. It's all about small victories! Good luck.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
prospero

Post by prospero »

Morso operation is not rocket science. You'll soon figure it out. There are a few little sneaky tricks with them which
you will discover as you go along. One thing is the 'planing stroke'. The last notch as you advance the blades is
half the increment of the previous ones. This is vital for a good cut. Don't be tempted to skip this and try and take
too big a bite.

The main thing is, keep your fingers away from the blade edges. .

Don't ask.... :roll:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About