Hi Everyone!

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
maitai11
Organisation: Federal Firefighter/Paramedic
Interests: Matting and framing mostly Ty Wilson prints, overhauling vintage American-made pocket watches, working on motorcycles and cars, spending time with my loved one's, including my cat, Aja, firefighting/paramedicine, living life well.

Hi Everyone!

Post by maitai11 »

Greetings from Northern Nevada,

I look forward to meeting you all. I'm a firefighter/paramedic who just made his second year at the U.S. Navy's TOPGUN fighter pilot training facility in Fallon, NV.

I believe I want to begin matting and framing at home; more on that later.

Besides framing, I like to blow apart vintage American-made pocket watches, overhaul them, and bring them back to life - the greatest small machine of the 20th century. I also like to work on home, car, motorcycle and other projects that deal with mechanical things...I think I see a trend ;)

Ty Wilson is my favorite artist. I have an inscribed print that he dedicated me - my fifth work of his - we've become friends over the years. I used to work at a frame shop on base in Hawaii, but they do not have such a facility here at Naval Air Station Fallon. The new print can be found here: https://tywilson.com/collections/romanc ... ntic-art-6

Thank you so much! The people who share on these forums are worth their weight in GOLD.

Kind regards,

Maitai
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by poliopete »

Hello Maitai :D welcome to the Framers Forum here in the UK.

I read your intro' with interest and all I can say is "there's nothing like keeping busy" :giggle:

Peter.
maitai11
Interests: Matting and framing mostly Ty Wilson prints, overhauling vintage American-made pocket watches, working on motorcycles and cars, spending time with my loved one's, including my cat, Aja, firefighting/paramedicine, living life well.

Post by maitai11 »

Thanks Pete! Pleasure making your acquaintance ;)

Maitai
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Post by David McCormack »

Welcome to the framers forum :handshake:
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
maitai11

Post by maitai11 »

Thank you David :clap: