Hello

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Phyllisjones034
Organisation: Hoby Framer
Interests: Painting, walking, reading, Radio 4, too old for strenuous

Hello

Post by Phyllisjones034 »

Hi everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie and say how much I look forward to seeking all sorts of information when needed from this large pool of framing talent, the company that sold me my machinery advised me to join and it looks like some seriously good advice from them. I am unsure if the learning curve will be long and shallow or steep and fast, either way I am looking forward to the challenge ahead of me.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Hello

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Phyllis and welcome to the forum,

This is a really great place to learn lots from a huge variety of framers, who are doing a variety of different things. Lots of us are doing their own thing in different ways, which really suit them and there's a lot of well thought out ideas, hints and tips, if you don't mind spending some times looking through the wealth of information from so many different framers. Some are full time professional framers and some are part time, or even hobby framers, so there's lots of relevent stuff here. There are also some artists, who are framing their own work and there is probably something for just about everyone.

Today's newbies often become tomorrows main contributors and people very often develop their skills and knowledge really quickly on this forum, so we hope that you will find joining us helpful and fun. Also if you need to ask any questions please just ask. There are not any particular silly quecstions, if a question is relevent to you, just go ahead and ask. We always like to hear a little bit about what each other are doing, or hope to do, so maybe tell us a little about you and where you would like things to be going.

All the best,
Mark.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Phyllisjones034
Organisation: Hoby Framer
Interests: Painting, walking, reading, Radio 4, too old for strenuous

Post by Phyllisjones034 »

Hello Mark

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am sure that there will be many questions and lots of advice being sought. I have lived in a few different parts of Europe with my husband moving through work and we have now settled in Blighty, I do paint and draw and for me framing is part of that so I thought I'd give it a go, I've done a few frames and I have to say that I am very please with the result so far, of course with my years I am not naive in thinking that it will always be this way and I am pleased to know that this forum is available to help me through the framing queries that I might have. I look forward talking with everyone as things move forwards.

Phyllis
monic7
Organisation: Vendroute
Interests: home decore and picture framing

Post by monic7 »

Hi all, Thanks for the information, I am new here and ready to gain my hobby related information here:)
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Welcome!
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
prospero

Post by prospero »

Welcome Phyllis. :D

Rest assured that whatever problems you encounter someone here will have had the same one at some stage and
will know the solution. :P
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About