Hello Everyone

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Bart
Organisation: portofino frames
Interests: artist / framemaker / ex prof athlete

Hello Everyone

Post by Bart »

Hello fellow framers. I don't have any framing friends here in California, certainly not compo framers as they are all mean and not at all helpful...I have one batch of compo under my belt and produced 16 frames...nothing close to the polished marvels i see in the Norton Simon and Huntington museums, that i frequent...I am an artist who cannot afford the fancy sculpted wonders i drewel over...I also made 40 or so burgundy pitch molds 6 months ago. so now i have wings.....
i used to animate for Disney, until 2000 and produced flash websites for a decade, now unemployed and doing fine art..and starting up a compo frame business....once or if I get up to speed...

my new website is at: http://www.portofinoframes.com unfortunately i only have a placeholder on the framing half, but the animation website half, is still there and working...lots of older experimental animations and some custom flash site samples... the "webwizardswest" link goes to my old design schtufffff....

anyway back to building my portofino site, it should be up in a few days or a week

anyway i hope to learn and also help anyone who wants to embark on compo or mold-making....

ciao, bart
Attachments
sample 4 of 4
sample 4 of 4
8919.jpg (598.53 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
sample3 of 4
sample3 of 4
9175.jpg (559.96 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
sample 1 of 4
sample 1 of 4
9299.jpg (492.66 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
sample 2 of 4
sample 2 of 4
9133.jpg (637.42 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by JohnMcafee »

Impressive work, Bart.

Welcome aboard.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Timh
Organisation: kingswood frames and mirors
Interests: framing and framing history manufacture of mouldings and decorated frames

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Timh »

hi Bart

very smart
I own and run an operation that makes and gilds decorated frames in Wales UK
It's always a difficult job not only getting the mix spot on but designing the frame.
Take a look at our site
www.kingswoodframes.co.uk

if you need any help, let us know
very best
Tim
Kingswood