We need staff !

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Famous Memorabilia
Organisation: Famous Memorabilia
Interests: Memorabilia

We need staff !

Post by Famous Memorabilia »

Hi All,
I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this is not the place to be looking for someone to hire!
But if it is, here goes:
I am the owner of a memorabilia business called Famous Memorabilia. Based in North London (Barnet to be precise!) we are expanding through out the UK and are seeking an experienced framer to whom will head up and run our in house framing department.
This is however no normal framing job, if such a person exists (and if one does I'll eat my hat) we need someone who is knowledgeable to their back teeth with how to frame the most bizarre things. What do I mean by this? well.... its in the name of the business I suppose, we sell high end memorabilia and have been doing so since 1999.
So, we are looing for someone who has a passion and knowledge of Sports memorabilia and can frame anything from a football shirt, to a football boot to a boxing glove or even a boxing head guard. But there's more, Boxing Robes, Film Props, even set props such as prop used bullet shells used on Skyfall movie and the likes. So the ideal person would be a sports nut and a film boff (see what I mean by is there such a person?!:)
We are just about to order the machine so the I am keen to find someone who knows a lot about the technology, we are not a normal framer so we will be not only using CMC's but also Laser Cutting Machines (Epilog)
Based on a mall start up work shop, we quickly envisage that we will grow to larger premises and be hiring more staff at start up. We are certainly growing our retail and on line operations so a person who has aptitude to change and growth and is willing to come on board from the start and get their hands dirty is also one of the skill sets I am looking for!
As is:
Computer Literacy,
Knowledge of Wizard and or Gunnar CMC & Photoshop and or Coral Draw design packages,

Anyway, anyone our there or have I completely wasted 10 minutes of my life typing :P
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: We need staff !

Post by IFGL »

Hello and welcome,

There are at least a few people on here that would fulfill your requirements, but are running successful businesses themselves, not least due to their skill set.
Famous Memorabilia
Organisation: Famous Memorabilia
Interests: Memorabilia

Post by Famous Memorabilia »

Hi There and thanks for your reply. I suppose it is a big ask. So, anyone who has these skill sets and are running there own business, and are willing to their business we would also be interested. Still, I think the ads got a lot of people talking though as I've had a lots of phone calls this morning. Anyone wanting to chat about the position in more detail who can see past my bonkers ad should call me on 0844 335 0258, not always in the office but leave a message or email me steve@famousmemorabilia.com worth taking a butchers at the website also http://www.famousmemorbailia.com to see what we are up to framing wise and what we want to better going forward! Cheers !! :head:
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

the website link above doesnt work btw
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Post by Tim »

That's 'cos he didn't spell his own website correctly........
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
prospero

Post by prospero »

Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About