Hello from up North

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
markvoce
Organisation: Mark Voce Photography
Interests: Photography - Victorian process to the modern day.

Hello from up North

Post by markvoce »

Well I guess I better introduce myself. I'm Mark from Brighouse, West Yorkshire.

I'm not a framer but a photographer and have recently started making my own frames. I have been matting my own prints for sometime now for exhibitions and sales but have been buying frames from a couple of online framing companies. I've now decided to move this operation in house mainly for cost and convenience reasons.

I also build wooden cameras for the wet plate collodion process which dates back to the victorian era. As such I'm a competent woodworker and am fortunate to have a well equipped workshop in fact the only thing I now need is a good reliable underpinner (a post in the wanted page with no doubt follow this).

If anyone wants to know more about my photography work have a nosey at http://markvoce.com

All the best,
Mark
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Re: Hello from up North

Post by David McCormack »

Hello Mark, I love your work. I've visited your website many times before today. I used to have a darkroom at Dean Clough and showed my work in the Photographer's Gallery back in 2005.

Must treat myself to one of your platinum workshops one day.

Welcome to the forum :D
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
markvoce
Organisation: Mark Voce Photography
Interests: Photography - Victorian process to the modern day.

Re: Hello from up North

Post by markvoce »

Thank you David, I exhibited in the same gallery in 2011 it's a nice space and a great collection of mills. I looked at getting a workshop / studio there too but in the end got a better deal up the road at Black Dyke Mills in Queensbury.