Hi from Utah

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
lyndenjones
Organisation: Array of Design
Interests: Running, Swimming, Biking

Hi from Utah

Post by lyndenjones »

Hi,

New user here. I've been working on a website to frame a picture online to help easily visualize a picture before having to put it together physically. You can change out the frames or mats. Any feedback is welcome :D

http://arrayofdesign.gallery/search
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Re: Hi from Utah

Post by pramsay13 »

Looks good to me, I've been having a play about with it.
Only slight criticism I would have is that the functions aren't immediately obvious.
I can't see anywhere other than the customise it button that this is possible, and I had to scroll down on most pages to see the customise it button.
Then when I got to play about with the design I was expecting it to happen immediately, I didn't realise I had to click save for the changes to take effect.
Once I got all that it worked smoothly.
It's a great idea and works well, just needs a bit more signposting in my opinion.
Trillian
Organisation: Considering the options. Again!
Interests: Changes on a daily basis, but I'm never without a book to read.

Post by Trillian »

Hi Lynden

Welcome to the forum. I've just taken a quick peek at your website, all seems to be working well, even on our steam-driven internet connection!

Your site is easy to navigate, and the images are clear and load quickly. Like Pramsay, it took me a few attempts to realise that I had to click 'save' in order to view my proposed frame design, also, (this is me being very pernickety), I noticed a few thin black lines creeping in around the edges of some images, e.g. "Harbinger" and "Flower Garden", is it possible to overcome this? The layout and design seem to be very in-keeping with other American-based websites that we have seen via the forum. This may not be to everyone's taste on this side of the pond, but all the relevant and important information is easy to find.

Well done! :clap:
lyndenjones
Organisation: Array of Design
Interests: Running, Swimming, Biking

Post by lyndenjones »

Great feedback, thank you fellas! I guess I have more to ponder about to make it good for usability.

The reason that there is a separate page for the "customize it" option, is so that users can can share the URL with others to see their customized artwork.

Like if I were picking out a frame and mats for my giraffe picture, I could solicit feedback by posting a link, or sharing by email:

http://arrayofdesign.gallery/artwork/custom/rlvZ9

And then anyone that gets the link could make their own changes.

Hmm I suppose I could move the customize button to the top and add some additional descriptive text...