"Home Gallery" project

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.

"Home Gallery" project

Postby YorkshireBloke » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi All,

My darling wife has agreed to make hallway in our bungalow a "Gallery" space for my Son and I to display our photography work. I don't live in Chatsworth House; just about room for 10 mounted 16 x 12" prints...

I also have an idea that with my new-found framing skills we can replace most of the "only-so-so-but -we-have-to-have-SOMETHING-on-the-wall" decor-art... :x

My final "push" to look into framing is the realisation that with 3 x mid-20-something kids there will be LOTS of demand for this help over many years...

Of course my first choice would be professional framing... but I KNOW that won't happen and I'll be stuck with "canvas wrap" dross for all eternity... :head:

Hope I won't ask too many questions that others have asked before: promise to "search befor I ask"! :giggle:

Robert
YorkshireBloke

Organisation: Home use photography framing
Interests: Art, living well

EstLite Frame Pricing Software

Re: "Home Gallery" project

Postby chevron » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:51 am

YorkshireBloke wrote:Hi All,

My darling wife has agreed to make hallway in our bungalow a "Gallery" space for my Son and I to display our photography work. I don't live in Chatsworth House; just about room for 10 mounted 16 x 12" prints...

I also have an idea that with my new-found framing skills we can replace most of the "only-so-so-but -we-have-to-have-SOMETHING-on-the-wall" decor-art... :x

My final "push" to look into framing is the realisation that with 3 x mid-20-something kids there will be LOTS of demand for this help over many years...

Of course my first choice would be professional framing... but I KNOW that won't happen and I'll be stuck with "canvas wrap" dross for all eternity... :head:

Hope I won't ask too many questions that others have asked before: promise to "search befor I ask"! :giggle:

Robert

Hi Robert

All the best with your new adventure :)
mounts, mitres, measuring, moulding, mdf, morso, millimetres, mmmmm
chevron

Return to Introductions

Picture Framer's Trade Directory
Picture Framer's Oracle

Members Map Header
Members Map
More info
Resources Header