Blame Keith Hewitt....

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Giraffe138
Organisation: Giraffe Enterprises
Interests: Motor sport, travel, fine wines

Blame Keith Hewitt....

Post by Giraffe138 »

As Export Sales Executive for the Magnolia Group in the 1980s and then the 1990s with Larson Juhl, I sold framing solutions around the world and had lots of fun when it wasn't frowned upon to do so...... :wink:
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Re: Blame Keith Hewitt....

Post by Keith Hewitt »

:shock: :o :giggle:

Tony Gallagher looks like you pressed SUBMIT before you had finished
Blaming me ?
What for ?
It was 22 years ago when we carefully arranged for our itineraries to overlap in the Middle East
All I recall was your impeccable behaviour .
Aaah Bahrain - " Up a tree Cup of Tea "
Just reading my travel log for April 1998. On the Emirates flight back to UK the flight attendant was Liz Brazier - daughter of the owner of Ashworth & Thompson. She told me there was a 1 in 1,700 chance of her being on the same flight and same section. Today those odds are 1 in 22,000. Emirates has grown a tad .
You must come and read my visit reports from the countries we visited. Saudi Arabia. I asked my distributor why hadn't seen any women during my visit..."because they are all at home, in the schools or hospitals ...where they belong"

Larson Juhl are doing good business in the area, so you built them a solid base all those years ago :clap:
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Giraffe138
Organisation: Giraffe Enterprises
Interests: Motor sport, travel, fine wines

Re: Blame Keith Hewitt....

Post by Giraffe138 »

Very much tongue in cheek, Keith! I'm only blaming you for my appearance on this forum! As I have told you on many occasions, you were very much my guru in those dim and distant days, and I modelled myself upon you. I only achieved some 48 countries for business and very much enjoyed meeting clients in Dubai and Bahrain in your company. (My diary tells me 18th -22nd April 1998).
In terms of influence upon the framing industry in a global sense, you are most certainly without peer.

To give you an idea how times have changed, my first tour of the Gulf region was in November of 1985. I was on the road for a total of three weeks, and wrote £276k worth of business. You simply couldn't get near that today, some 35 years later.