Hi from Gdynia in Poland

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Adam
Organisation: citizenA
Interests: Philately, stampart, vintage LEGO, collectables, hiking, cycling, gym, books & doumentary movies.

Hi from Gdynia in Poland

Post by Adam »

Hello to all,

I am not a framer by profession, but we (I mean my company) frame a lot of stampart, which is an art created using postage stamps.

Popularising philately is a tough job, as they say, but you are not a good marketeer if you cannot make hard-to-sale items attractive to broader public. We do so through offering postage stamps in a more modern, alternative way:

1) the presentation of standard philatelic items online is quirky, and...
2) .. the presentation offline of certain purchased products is unique - we call it "stampart".

The second task above is challenging as any stamp is a collectable & security item in one, meaning it should be not only nicely displayed, but also well secured from damage (preserved, archived). It applies specifically for older, more valuable stamps and other philatelic items. If we then want to frame anything, we need an individual approach to the problem.

I hope that by posting by questions I will not only incite a discussion, but maybe inspire framers' community to find new solutions. I will do so now by initiating a new topic under Generas Discussion about frameless displays. After all, "everything is possible" 8)

Warm greetings from still cold Poland,

Adam