New to framing

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Mars 1371
Organisation: Mars 1371
Interests: Aviation
Photography
Nature
Travel

New to framing

Post by Mars 1371 »

Hello all,

My name is Marcel, 50 years old, I am from Holland but live just over the border in Germany.

I have had a long interest in framing but it is not my occupation. Recently I met an older man that makes very interesting display cases but has his roots in framing. I have been searching for a trainingcourse in Holland but have not succeeded so far. The man still has all the tools though and that made me look into Morsø F and a minigraf 3 underpinner. All very interesting.
So yesterday I had the opportunity to buy a local Morsø F for €200. It looks quite OK, needs a little TLC. Everything moves smooth. For that price however I got a Minigraf 3 also. Did not see it working due to no compressor available but everything looks ok. I need to find out if it is all complete or what is missing. I noticed only one crammer if that is the right word.

Are there any Dutch people here on this forum who can point me into the direction of training courses? I love the UK but first want to explore more local options.

Is it possible to share some pictures here on the corum of my minigraf 3?

Cheers,

Marcel
JonathanB
Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Re: New to framing

Post by JonathanB »

Marcel
Welcome to the forum. If you’re looking for a trainer in your area, you could look at the Fine Art Trade Guild website at
www.fine art.co.uk where you will find a number of framers in the Netherlands and Germany. In particular, I’d suggest Stephen Finney, who is an accredited trainer and examiner at MKV Creative, who is based in Kleve at mkv.creative@t-online.de

Stephen offers a variety of courses and can help with advice in setting up a workshop. I’ve seen him doing training sessions at guild events and he’s a very engaging trainer.
Good luck
Jonathan
Jonathan Birch GCF (APF)