Hello from Glasgow

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
IanS85
Organisation: Student
Interests: Football, Formula 1 and playing with my son

Hello from Glasgow

Post by IanS85 »

Hi

My name is Ian and I am almost brand new to the world of framing but I have a nice collection I'm looking to add to myself.

Avid Football and Formula One fan and trying to catch up with my 15 month old boy who likes tearing around the house!
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Hello from Glasgow

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum,

So what the plan? There's a bit of a learning curve to getting up to speed in this business, but it is something which is a very enjoyable thing to do. Many of those who have recently decided to become framers have a desire to start their own business, while there are also others who are already artists and want to have their own framing set up to frames mostly their own artwork and their are also other who want to be hobby framers, just framing for themselves.

This forum is a good place to get good advise, towards any of these goals and what is more, we are a very friendly bunch and like to see everyone succeed in whatever direction you may want to go, so pull up a chair and enjoy the fun. There's no such thing as a stupid question on this forum. Everyone on here was at one time a beginner, so ask whatever you need to ask and somebody will be able to answerand even offer some helpful insights and advice.

I hope that you will enjoy the forum.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Hello from Glasgow

Post by Justintime »

Hi Ian,
Welcome! You'll find years of information here tucked away in the search bar.
Good luck with it all :D
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer