Hello from Northern Ireland

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
JonBoy
Organisation: John Miskelly Photography
Interests: Photography, books and good red wine ;-)

Hello from Northern Ireland

Post by JonBoy »

I thought I would introduce myself to the other members having been lurking on the site for the last few weeks.

I'm a photographer from Newtownards in Northern Ireland and my last two framers have retired, so I thought I would do my own framing going forward. I do weddings and portraits, but am about to launch a landscape photography side to the business. This is the main reason for needing access to good frames. I used to dabble a bit with my own framing over ten years ago, having been given an old Euro 8001. However, its time to do it properly and so I'm about to buy a Morso and am looking for a decent underpinner and cold laminator at reasonable prices. Let me know if anyone knows of anything going reasonably priced - have to start off somewhere!

I will offer framing to anyone who wants it so I can both pay for the initial investment and also make some money from something I enjoy. I have a lot to learn though, so will be keeping an eye out for any tips.

I'm really looking forward to a new chapter in my business and am building benches this week and getting various sundry items together.

Best wishes to all.

John
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Hello from Northern Ireland

Post by JohnMcafee »

Welcome to the forum John. Good luck with your new venture.

Please feel free to drop in with us at Scenes any time you are in Belfast.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

High abight ye mucker an' welcome to the forum.
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Hello John,

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have someone else who is "local" in NI. If you have any questions then this is the place to ask them or you can always give us a ring or pop in as John McAfee has said. He's probably a bit closer to you though. You might like to come along as a visitor to the next Guild branch meeting too to a meet some more local framers, I think it's in March. If you are interested you should find details nearer the time on the FATG NI Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fine-Art- ... 6554777088

All the best with your new endeavour.

Rolf
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status