Another new frame

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
andy sheard
Organisation: hobbiest
Interests: building work

Another new frame

Post by andy sheard »

i have been looking at the site for a while now and thought it was about time i introduced myself. I make frames as a hobby near Bradford, but would like to further this, i have purchased a moro guillotine and a alpha 1m underpinner but would like to buy a more profesional mount cutter(any suggestions please second hand would be better maybe a keencut.) thanks andy
Graysalchemy

Re: Another new frame

Post by Graysalchemy »

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

An ultimat gold is probably what the majority of UK framers use for mount cutting. Good machines I had one myself until I bought a CMC. They do come up second hand but expect to pay £400+ for one, but they are worth it.
Sibbs
Organisation: Frame & Fortune
Interests: New Framer

Re: Another new frame

Post by Sibbs »

Hi Andy from another Andy.

Welcome. I'm new here also.

Like you, I have a Morso guillotine but an M4 underpinner. I have an Ultimat Gold Mountcutter and to be honest you can't really go wrong with it. Once it's set up, apart from changing the blades at regular intervals it's pretty much plain sailing. They can be expensive even second hand but that is purely down to how good they actually are in my opinion. I would love to eventually get a CMC but think baby steps are the way ahead first and foremost.

Welcome again, and if you want to bounce ideas off of a fellow newbie be my guest.

ATB

Andy