Calling London framers

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Calling London framers

Post by JohnMcafee »

I have found, after many years of experimentation, that whiskey is not a cure for the cold.

However, if caught in time, I have found that it is very effective in warding off the cold completely.

The trick is in spotting those early indicators, before any real symptoms appear. The slight tickle in the throat, a vague stiffness in the joints, that sort of thing, should be enough to have you reaching for a glass of that wonderful preventive medicine. The secret, regardless of how little pleasure you get from it, is not to stint on the measure; force yourself beyond that first glass if you can so as to achieve the maximum benefit.

Not much use to you I know, Frank, but if you follow this advice you may never suffer this affliction again. For now though, if you haven’t done so already, take to the bed immediately. Also, you will find that a bit of pampering/mollycoddling from an understanding spouse will ease the severity of the symptoms.

Don’t understate your condition, it could be the flu you have.

Let he experience of this poor man be a warning: -
[youtube]6keUdzwFCHU[/youtube]
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Dose your self up with Whisky until you feel no more pain and then some. Repeat this for two days and two nights or until the cold has departed. Afterwards if you feel the need to stay in bed for 2-3 days then do so. This should drive the blighters away.

But do not and I repeat do not mix lemon honey or sugar to a malt whisky. The whisky gods do not look favourably on this behaviour and it may even prolong your illness. However feel free to use blended whisky or burbon or irish whisky the whisky gods don't mind :giggle: :giggle:
Frank
Organisation: Profile Magazine
Interests: Music

Post by Frank »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

I dont have the flue. But its no ordinary Cold. Its a man cold. I know 3 or 4 days in bed would fix it but there are frames which need to be built. Its daft I know but how come the people who work for me get sick days but end up just going to work. I figure if I am sick I might as well be at work and complain there all day.
By the way I would never drink bourbon, even with honey and lemon juice! I will stick to proper medicine. Whiskey!