Calling London framers

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Frank
Organisation: Profile Magazine
Interests: Music

Re: Calling London framers

Post by Frank »

Kevin did you know Penfold is a famous wine maker in Australia. One of the oldest here started by an Englishman in the mid 19th century.
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

HI Frank,

Have just sent you an e mail with just the right framer for you to go and see and quite close to your hotel.
Does a lot of hotel jobs :o
He was at the Rome frame show yesterday.
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

If you want to sample the best of British beers then the Great British Beer Festival runs 7-12th Aug at Earls Court, London (800+ real ales). http://gbbf.org.uk/

If you can't make that then the second biggest beer festival which happens to be right on my doorstep is held in Peterborough 21st -25th August. Last year there were 374 real ales but get there on the first or second day as some run out quickly. http://www.peterborough-camra.org.uk/index.php?bf=1
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

You don't have to be a "serious" drinker to enjoy the occassional pint of real beer. I sometimes will have one as the perfect complement to a good meal.

Also, taking my responsibilities seriously, I will sometimes have a real ale shandy, if I'm driving.

It's not a waste of good beer, when you consider that it's a lot more enjoyable than a shandy made from a run of the mill keg beer. After all, who wants to drink plastic beer, when you can enjoy the real thing!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
penfold
Organisation: Phillips Framing
Interests: Restoring an old Land Rover, driving said landy and repairing it afterwards!

Post by penfold »

Frank wrote:Kevin did you know Penfold is a famous wine maker in Australia. One of the oldest here started by an Englishman in the mid 19th century.
Yes I did! I've sampled one or two of their products.........had to be done
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Just fermenting 10 gallons of a 6% oatmeal stout :beer: :beer: and I have my Pride of Manchester Bitter in tip top condition for drinking now. For those of you in the South West the next brew is my interpretation of Proper Job IPA for the summer.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Thanks for the lead Keith,
I will chase it up. But you forgot to mention his drinking habits. Seems this is what my visit is about. I will have to do a bit more research on beer though. It seems I have a couple of worthy teachers over there. Buy the way what does one drink at Royal Ascot if one finds oneself in the Royal enclosure? Keeping in mind there will be a couple of Irishmen there as well about 100 of us Aussies?
Me? I will drink whatever they offer me I suspect.
penfold
Interests: Restoring an old Land Rover, driving said landy and repairing it afterwards!

Post by penfold »

Frank wrote:Thanks for the lead Keith,
Buy the way what does one drink at Royal Ascot if one finds oneself in the Royal enclosure? Keeping in mind there will be a couple of Irishmen there as well about 100 of us Aussies?
Champagne dear chap, Champagne
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Frank wrote:Thanks for the lead Keith,
I will chase it up. But you forgot to mention his drinking habits. Seems this is what my visit is about. I will have to do a bit more research on beer though. It seems I have a couple of worthy teachers over there. Buy the way what does one drink at Royal Ascot if one finds oneself in the Royal enclosure? Keeping in mind there will be a couple of Irishmen there as well about 100 of us Aussies?

Fosters Gold Its Australian for Chic :giggle: :giggle: (according to the advert on telly)
penfold

Post by penfold »

You've got time to watch television Alistair? I thought you were busy!!!! :D
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

penfold wrote:You've got time to watch television Alistair? I thought you were busy!!!! :D

At night. :giggle: :giggle:
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Post by Louise Hay »

I hadn't realised I was quite so honoured to get a bottle to go home with... very tasty beer (even for a Southerner...)
Louise
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I forgot I gave you a bottle Louise, that actually makes three people then. :giggle: How did the wine making go?
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Post by Louise Hay »

Banana wine as yet untasted - must be due for drinking soon. It's supposed to taste like Chardonnay...If it works out then I'll know what to do with all the brown bananas the kids reject!
Elderberry very fine - I 'cheated' and fortified with a little brandy so now it knocks your socks off
Plum untasted but looks very pretty (plum jam and chutneys made at the same time all gone :( )
Spiced sultana is great - I put cardamons and cinnamon in the fermentation. Goes with curry :D
And the grapes.. whoops still in the demijohn :oops: Must rack off as the elderflowers will be out soon...
Louise
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I did a spiced pale ale with cinnamon cardoman and clove that was good with a curry too. Spiced cider is good with pork, mind just cider and pork :P :P

Next time you visit you can have a bottle of the barley wine 8.5%
strokebloke
Organisation: Turn Around Artwork
Interests: Photography, Wood-turning, Wood Carving; Bench Joinery, Cycling:
Learning new framing techniques!
Precision engineering

Post by strokebloke »

And I thought I'd joined a framers forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How silly of me :Slap:
http://www.turnaroundartwork.co.uk
Good advice is best learned, rather than simply listened to.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I brew at work, when I get a free day :giggle: :giggle:
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

So just how long does 10 gallons of stout last then Alistair? Plus all the others it would seem that you are probably never sober. And now your workplace will probably be re-rated as a brewery. I like the idea though. Its many years since I brewed my own beer but not so long since I made my own wine. I am quite into EPA at the moment and I always seem to drink too much when its on Guest at the pub.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I only drink 6 pints a week, i savour every mouthful. I am doing a IPA in a few weeks for the summer, and I have got a read wine kit to get on (you can't make a decent red any other way) and some more cider (that needs 6 months to mature).
Frank

Post by Frank »

I know you will all be interested to hear I am suffering from a cold. I have been known on previous occasions when suffering from this life threatening affliction to take a generous measure of whiskey to which is added some lemon juice and a splash of hot water. Last night I administered a version of this medicine (I omitted the lemon juice and hot water) but I still have the cold.
Does anyone have any remedies or potions which will make my condition more bearable??