Tower of London Poppy to frame, anyone else ?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Tower of London Poppy to frame, anyone else ?

Post by Bagpuss »

I had a customer call today to say he had ordered a ceramic poppy from the Tower of London display. He asked if I could do a 3 sided glass box/frame, I'm going to try and talk him out of this idea, I was wondering if anyone else had been approached about one of these poppies ?
Tower-of-London.jpeg
Tower-of-London.jpeg (169.47 KiB) Viewed 8961 times
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Re: Tower of London Poppy to frame, anyone else ?

Post by Bagpuss »

Forgot to mention, my great great grandfather was Keeper of The Keys at the Tower of London :clap:
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Haven't been asked to by a customer yet but there's a few on order in my family, including one for me so I expect at least one of those will get framed. :D I'm presuming it's only the flower itself you get sent and not the wire, as a lot of them aren't on wires but just on the ground.

Saw it just after they started in back in July and went again about a week ago. Was totally awe inspiring and a truly unforgettable sight. We went to the Ypres Salient battlefields and war cemeteries as well as the Menin Gate this summer, but the poppies at the Tower gave a far greater reality to the numbers who died from the UK and Commonwealth.

PS went to the ceremony of the keys at The Tower about 17 years ago Adam, that was pretty cool too :clap:
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

You might not get it for a while. They are petitioning to keep them there for a lot longer :shock:
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I have just realised they were for sale but obviously all gone now. I would have loved one of those. No doubt some calous B*stards will have them on ebay soon at extortiate prices.
China shop
Organisation: Framing shop & Gallery
Interests: Sport, framing

Post by China shop »

Yes, we've been asked to frame one as well. I also managed to order one before they all went. Had an email the other day to say they start shipping them at end of November, but could be early next year before they get them all sent out.
Roger
A3DFramer
Organisation: Collectors Cases
Interests: Virtual 3D Model making, Digital Graphics.

Post by A3DFramer »

Why talk the customer out of what she/he wants. Of the top of my head I can think of 6 ways to make the style of case wanted. Front glass only FGO's are not needed with ceramics, as there is no risk of UV damage, mirror back to give extra light will on confuse the simplicity of the object.

I taught one very successful framing business a method that I am sure they would jump at doing a job like this, probably got orders already. If you want to know more PM me, I will tell you who it is.