Is anyone going to the Spring Fair at the NEC?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Is anyone going to the Spring Fair at the NEC?

Post by poliopete »

Hi nameless :D hope your well.

I am sorry to hear Jill is not displaying at the NEC this year and I hope her Scot's show is a success. IMHO her work stood out amongst a great deal of other talent. I assume that costs/logistics would be a factor as to where/when and how often someone has a stand.

Not surprised to hear you have other customers showing their art and your framing. I would urge visiting framers to chat to the artist at the show and learn what sort of relationship they have with their framers they (other framers) may find it can benefit their own business.

BTW
Huge respect to Katie Dougan's husband in moving his business forward by doing his research and "up grading" to a new CMC. :clap: :clap:

Here's hoping everyone goiing to the show has a great time.

Peter
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Logistics is the biggest factor, these shows are hard work, we try to come up with a strategic plan, Jill has shown at the NEC for the last few years and thought a show in Scotland might be a good move, a London show is also planned, we do hundreds of pieces per month for Jill and sell through our own shops too, she is doing it right both with marketing and product development, it is a pleasure to work with her.
Katie Dougan
Organisation: Null
Interests: sewing, crochet and keeping my picture framer husband and kids out of trouble

Post by Katie Dougan »

poliopete wrote: BTW
Huge respect to Katie Dougan's husband in moving his business forward by doing his research and "up grading" to a new CMC. :clap: :clap:
He wants to thank John for letting me post the advert for his old Valiani MatPro cmc on here in sales and wants. Sold within an hour!
Katie Dougan
Organisation: Null
Interests: sewing, crochet and keeping my picture framer husband and kids out of trouble

Post by Katie Dougan »

Id like to point out that my husband has never had to use Simons support, and has always relied on the good will of Merlin in Cornwall. Can’t fault him !