New compressor and bits

Discuss Picture Framing topics.
Everybody welcome.

New compressor and bits

Postby Not your average framer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:07 pm

I bought a new compressor about a week ago and thought it was going to be quite noisy compared to my old Bambi. To my surprise it was about the same noise level as the Bambi. I did not know it until now, but it's only certain Bambi compressors that are really quiet and the rest are normal noise levels, which are not particularly noisy anyway.

My new compressor which came from Machine Mart has got a 2.5 HP motor and a 24 litre tank. Machine Mart send me a discount voucher every now and then, which saved me 20% and bought the price down to £119.98. I've also bought some of the better quality airline fittings, a 10 metre rubber hose, a new 18 gauge nail gun and some 18 gauge nails.

What's the point of all this? Well, if anyone is looking for some new kit and you are on the mailing kit for some of the major tool suppliers, there are some pretty good discounts being offered, if you don't mind waiting for the right special offer. Adding up the 20% off of everything, I saved over £50.

Anyone else got some good bargains on any useful to other framers recently?
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

EstLite Frame Pricing Software

Re: New compressor and bits

Postby Ed209 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I bought a immaculate Drymount 34 the other day for £200 and a 130 mile round trip to pick it up.

Couple of months ago I got a lovely old twin Bambi (1986 model crimson & yellow)and air line, fittings and pneumatic Cassese flexi point gun and stapler thrown in also picked up a fully working heat shrink system with two rolls of film, £155 the lot, Just hope we get our bigger premises now as I no room to use some of the things I bought

!-!
Ed209

Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Return to General Discussion

Picture Framer's Trade Directory
Picture Framer's Oracle

Members Map Header
Members Map
More info
Resources Header
Contact Forum Admin