Half-Lap Joints / Machinery

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Half-Lap Joints / Machinery

Post by Not your average framer »

Thanks Nick,

I particularly liked the video in your link. Some great ideas and inspiration there. I'm re-evaluating my plans for the future and I will be possibly doing fun stuff like that, just as something that I think will be fun to do. When you get into your pensionable years, you are already starting to slow down, but the creative urge is still there, so thanks for the inspiration.

Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Half-Lap Joints / Machinery

Post by Not your average framer »

A fair amount of the creativity that many of us are showing with using a few power tools may sound a bit too skillful for some of us, but please don't right this sort of stuff off and say that it's only for the so called skillful few. It's not really like that! Many of us only began doing this sort of thing after starting to get into using the tools and things developing into something more instinctive as we go on. It could be you doing stuff like this too!

Who says that any of us are anyone all that special? Many more people were doing all sorts of creative things in years gone by. So why not you? Dare to be different, it's often good for business!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer