ITALY - FamaArt show October show has been cancelled

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

ITALY - FamaArt show October show has been cancelled

Post by Keith Hewitt »

October show in Bologna cancelled

I was about to send out on Sunday 5th my Munken UPDATE to 204 people in about 50 countries
Its includes a plug for the October show in Bologna, which most of my distributors will visit
The organisers knew this back in the middle of June that it was cancelled, but they still have not informed many of the exhibitors :Slap:
Considering we paid in full back in January, this is totally unacceptable behaviour. :shock:

Their website on July 6th still says its going ahead
http://www.famaart.it/en/famaart-is-the ... /2070.html :head:

I know people who have booked and paid for their flights

Aaaaah such are the delights of doing business with the Italians :giggle:
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: ITALY - FamaArt show October show has been cancelled

Post by Not your average framer »

They have a word for this:

Mañana (not comparable)

Tomorrow.
Sometime in the future. Usually to say in a satirical sense 'sometime in the unspecified future, despite the fact that we were told tomorrow without fail'.

The plumber said he would come tomorrow. But I think he will probably be here mañana.

Don't worry there's still plenty of time to cancel and this is Italy, where no one's in a hurry. They even have a siesta, every one arrives at work in the morning and stop work at mid day and don't resume until 6 o'clock in the evening. It's in the diary to cancel it, but it's not that urgent yet and besides there's still time to take a few more bookings.

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

A company that I used to work for had a lot of dealings with Italy. It was like this all the time. It was hilarious!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer